The ProLog section of the doctoral program focuses on integrated logistic and production systems, defined as complex and organized systems dedicated to sourcing, manufacturing and distributing material and immaterial goods. These systems need to be managed in an economically sound and competitive way, combining different factors such as: raw materials or components; energy; machinery, tooling and other equipment; people; know-how; etc.
The different aspects (technological; organizational; managerial; economic; financial; regulatory; etc.) that concur in the design, sourcing, manufacture and distribution of material and immaterial goods at an industrial scale are analyzed from a systemic viewpoint, emphasizing the relationships among these factors and the between them and the results achieved.
The main research streams that are active within the ProLog section of DRIMI PhD program are:
- techno-economical optimization of industrial facilities design
- ergonomics, safety, security and environmental impact of industrial production and industrial products
- production management, planning, scheduling and control
- industrial quality management
- reliability and maintenance of industrial systems
- energy management in industry
- industrial logistics, packaging, handling, transportation and warehousing
- industrial planning and control, demand planning and forecasting and inventory planning
- management of procurement, sourcing and purchasing
- supply chain management, and customer-supplier integration
- digitalization of products, processes and business models, business information systems and simulation
- servitization of manufacturing firms, service management, customer care and after sales services
prof. Lucio Zavanella
List of pubblications
- Perona M., Saccani N., Zanoni S., Combining make-to-order and make-to-stock inventory policies: an empirical application to a manufacturing SME, Production Planning & Control, Vol. 20, pp. 559-575 (2009).
- Bacchetti A., Perona M., Saccani N., Spare parts inventory and demand management. Comparing theoretical approaches with managerial practice, Proceedings of the XVIth Euroma Conference: "Implementation – Realizing Operations Management Knowledge", Göteborg, Sweden, 14-17 June 2009.
- Bacchetti A., Pasotti A., Perona M., Turano, A., Improving performance in a shop floor scheduling: a SME case, Proceedings of the 16th International Working Seminar on Production Economics, Innsbruck, 1-5 March 2010.
- Paiola M., Saccani N., Gebauer H., Perona M., Moving from products to solutions: strategic approaches for developing capabilities, European Management Journal, Vol. 31 , pp. 390-409 (2013).
- Saccani N., Perona M., Sourcing and supplier relationships for servitized manufacturers, in: Crossroad of Servitization in Industry, editor Gunter Lay, Springer Berlin, 2013
- Hasanov P., Jaber M.Y., Zanoni S., Zavanella L., Closed-loop supply chain system with energy, transportation and waste disposal costs, International Journal of Sustainable Engineering (ISSN: 1939-7038) 6, N.4, pp. 352-358 (2013). doi: 10.1080/19397038.2012.762433.
- Zavanella L., Zanoni S., Chilled or frozen? Decision strategies for sustainable food supply chains, International Journal of Production Economics (ISSN:0925-5273), Vol. 140, pp. 731 - 736 (2012).
- Kleber, S. Zanoni, L. Zavanella, On how buyback and remanufacturing strategies affect the profitability of spare parts supply chains, International Journal of Production Economics (ISSN:0925-5273), Vol. 133(1), pp. 135 - 142 (2011).
- Zavanella L; Zanoni S., A one-vendor multi-buyer integrated production-inventory model: The "Consignment stock" case, International Journal of Production Economics (ISSN:0925-5273), Vol. 118, pp. 225 - 232 (2009).
- Jaber, M.Y., Zanoni, S., Zavanella, L.E. An entropic economic order quantity (EnEOQ) for items with imperfect quality, Applied Mathematical Modelling (ISSN: 0307-904X) Vol. 37, pp. 3982-3992 (2013).
- Mutinelli and L. Piscitello, Italy - Outward FDI from Italy and its policy context, in Sauvant K.P., Jost T., Davies K., Poveda Garcés A.M., Inward and Outward FDI Country Profiles, Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment, Chapter 9, pp. 157-169 (2011).
- Mutinelli and L. Piscitello, Italy. Inward FDI and its policy context, 2011, in P. Sauvant, P. Mallampally, McAllister G. (eds.), Inward and Outward Country Profiles, Second Edition, Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment, ISSN 2159-2268, Chapter 12, pp. 332-346 (2013).
- Mutinelli and L. Piscitello, Italy. Outward FDI and its policy context, 2012, in P. Sauvant, P. Mallampally, McAllister G. (eds.), Inward and Outward Country Profiles, Second Edition, Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment, ISSN 2159-2268, Chapter 12, pp. 362-375 (2013).
- Mariotti S., Mutinelli M. (2010). Investimenti diretti esteri in Italia. Un preoccupante declino. ECONOMIA E POLITICA INDUSTRIALE, vol. XXXVII, p. 119-129, ISSN: 0391-2078
- Mariotti S., Mutinelli M. (2012). Italia Multinazionale 2012. Le partecipazioni italiane all'estero ed estere in Italia. Monografia. SOVERIA MANNELLI:Rubbettino, ISBN: 9788849836400